Blender 3D Model a Sci-fi Scene with Eevee
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- Beginner 3D modellers eager to learn how to build a Sci-fi Scene in Blender
- Enthusiasts of Blender 2.8 who want to fast-track their understanding of its new and exciting changes
- Mid-Level 3D modellers who want to take their modelling to the new level and improve their workflow with tips and tricks
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- To have downloaded Blender 2.8 (available for free)
- You can also complete this course with a download of Blender 2.7 (available for free)
- Thirst to learn and excitement about 3D modelling
- All resources are supplied in the course including over 70 textures maps, 4 Emission maps and 1 decal map.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- Using Blender 2.8 and understand its interface and shortcuts
- Following through a complete guide on creating a 3D model of a sci-fi door
- Complete guide on marking seams & texture resolutions
- UV mapping and UV unwrapping your model
- Applying hard- and soft-edges
- Explore and have fun with texturing and material creation
- How to import and use Textures with Blenders node system
- Complete guide to animate your 3D model
- Suitable for beginners learn 3D Modelling With Blender 2.8
- Creating a full model armature from scratch
- Learning how to light a scene for sci-fi atmosphere
- Building atmosphere through design and modelling
- Learn how to use the powerful Blender 2.8 video editor
- Use the Eevee and Cycles renderer effectively with Compositor
- Over 70 Texture maps and Decals included with the course
Hi and welcome to this new 3D Tudor Udemy course, ‘Blender 2.8 A Beginners Complete Sci-Fi Scene 3D Modelling & Animation Guide’. With this course, I decided to move to pastures anew and explore an art style that I am not as familiar with. Having mainly focused on the medieval genre in previous courses I decided that, this time, I would take my students on a journey into the world of the sci-fi genre. This way, we are learning together, and trial and error will help your workflow as you will be presented with solutions to common problems.
This is one of my most exciting Udemy courses to date. Like my other Udemy course, ‘Blender 2.8 Model Texture Animate & Simulate Complete Guide’, I will be taking you on an extensive 3D modelling journey involving modelling, texturing, freebies, animation, lighting and rendering a sci-fi scene. The focus of this Udemy course is to show you how to make realistic models, to a real-world scale. Enroll in this Blender 2.8 course and experience over 20 hours of content, full of learning opportunities to take your 3D modeling, animation and simulations skills to the next level. By completing this course, you will walk away with a comprehensive view of how to model from the ground up, with a super-fast industry-standard workflow. All this exclusively in Blender 2.8.
Using everything I learned from previous courses, mainly from all your helpful feedback, I was able to make a course that really has the wow-factor; something you will be proud of accomplishing.
This is my most beginner-friendly and in-depth Udemy course to date. The focus of this new course is to take anyone no matter their level in 3D modelling and teach them how to model from the ground up. The course has nearly 20 hours of content and is a one-stop course to take you on your way to a professional level. By joining this Udemy course you will engage in a journey of in-depth learning focused on the most important aspects of 3D modelling and animation. Blender Procedures will cover modelling, texturing, animation, lighting, and rendering. By the end of the course, you will have created a professional-looking sci-fi animated door scene.
This course has been 3 months in the making. I truly believe that this Udemy course is unique compared to other courses currently on the market. I really hope you enjoy taking the course as much as I have had to create it.
We will be creating a sci-fi door scene – a contraption reminiscent of popular cinema titles. This course is coming out just a few months before a major game release that will revolutionize the sci-fi genre, Cyberpunk 2077 by Project Red. The sci-fi door we will be creating will be a more stylized version of the general sci-fi style.
‘Blender 2.8 A Beginners Complete Sci-Fi 3D Modelling & Animation Guide’ has a new learning format that will be relevant to beginners. This course is also relevant to those students who more familiar with 3D creation and modelling using Blender software, or those who are transitioning into Blender from another piece of software or from the previous older versions of Blender.
This Udemy course aims to teach you from the ground up. It will cover the very basics of modelling and teach you the tips and tricks that the pros use in Blender 2.8. This course explains everything and will include a step-by-step exploration of all the new shortcuts that have come with this new Blender version. You will be able to keep up with the course’s pace through having an on-screen visual tooltip. Anything that needs some explanation is explained easily using a small pop-up box, so you will never be lost. My goal here is to not only have students re-create this sci-fi door but for them to come away with a comprehensive understanding of how and why. By the end of the course, the knowledge you will have learned can be put to use independent of the direction you take in 3D modelling – following the amateur or the professional path.
Texturing is perhaps the most important part of any 3D model. I will show you the most efficient and quickest ways of preparing a mesh for adding materials in Blender. We will be going over how to mark seems, how to correct texture resolutions, and how to UV-unwrap. All these course components would be a course in their own right, so by enrolling, you will be able to develop your skills in a multi-faceted way. To save time on your usual trial and error process, I will show you both the right and the wrong way of doing this. You will be fully prepared and provided with the skills to ‘clean’ a 3D model mesh to an industry standard.
We will also explore the Blender 2.8 node system in depth, where you will learn not only how to import textures and maps, but also how to change the way materials look. We also take a look at importing and using specialized maps like ambient occlusion and emission.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to build a full animation cycle? The learning outcomes of this Udemy course include creating a complete animation cycle in Blender 2.8. As part of animating this sci-fi door, we will be working on making its opening motion realistic, working hard to make each individual component move in a hyper-real way. You will learn all about armatures and bones, and you will be shown how to keyframe. We will move on to the complex fundamentals of animations, where we learn how to weight and attach bones to meshes. This is exactly the same process as in Hollywood for computer-generated imaging (CGI) or the respective gaming industry. You can apply these skills to any animations you decide to make in the future, and I would be excited to see you upload animations of other models as part of this Udemy course project.
You will be glad to know that this Udemy course comes with a vast library of over 70 high-resolution texture maps and decals completely free to download with this course. These are resources that you are free to download and reuse in your other projects. You could also utilize them in the sci-fi door scene course project, which you are encouraged to upload as part of this course. I created all these textures and resources using a mix of Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop. All textures included for free with this course are custom made specifically for this course.
I always feel that lighting is one of the key components that tend to be the most overlooked. To be honest, I learned this the hard way, seeing as lighting is important with regards to making a scene look overwhelmingly beautiful or realistic or tragically bad. I went back to the drawing board and developed my skills in Blender and in lighting. Over time, I learned exactly how to light scenes. This knowledge I now pass on to my students. You will learn all about Blender 2.8 lighting and lighting effects.
Finally, after all the preparations for making a realistic sci-fi scene, we will be rendering two stills in one of the best renderers in the industry – Blender cycles. Because of this course, you will gain the knowledge to create great-looking scenes in both ‘Eevee’ and ‘Cycles’ renderers. We will also be using the Blender 2.8 compositor, and the course will teach you how to make the most of lighting within a render. Finally, we will also be creating a short animation film using Blender’s built-in video editing software. We will be setting up cameras and I will be going through different techniques to help improve the quality of your renders.
Happy modelling everyone!
Neil, 3D Tudor
- 8 sections • 68 lectures • 18h 12m total length
Introduction1 lecture • 4min
- Introduction Blender 2.8 Beginners Guide To 3D Modelling A Sci-fi ScenePreview04:02
Modelling38 lectures • 11hr 39min
- Lesson 1 Creating Sci-Fi Door blender basics and creating sci fi door framePreview22:29
- Lesson 2 Creating Sci-Fi Door top door Mesh11:27
- Lesson 3 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Our First Sci fi Part20:27
- Lesson 4 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Finishing Our First Sci fi Part20:15
- Lesson 5 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Door Decals Pt 130:22
- Lesson 6 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Door Decals Pt 220:49
- Lesson 7 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Base16:11
- Lesson 8 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Basic Animation10:34
- Lesson 9 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Basic Wall Mesh22:27
- Lesson 10 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door End Pillar Models25:56
- Lesson 11 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door creating wall panels Pt113:08
- Lesson 12 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door creating wall panels Pt209:31
- Lesson 13 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door creating wall panels Pt315:19
- Lesson 14 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Cleaning Up Our Scene18:24
- Lesson 15 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Door Pneumatic System Pt118:06
- Lesson 16 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Door Pneumatic System Pt218:15
- Lesson 17 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Side Lights09:34
- Lesson 18 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Top Door Light12:14
- Lesson 19 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Control Panel Pt136:21
- Lesson 20 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Control Panel Pt223:06
- Lesson 21 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Control Panel Pt318:24
- Lesson 22 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Fan System21:05
- Lesson 23 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Floor Grills27:30
- Lesson 24 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door The Electric Box & Side Light12:54
- Lesson 25 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating Realistic Power Supply11:32
- Lesson 26 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Cleaning Up The Pipes23:25
- Lesson 27 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Establishing The Sci Fi Door Rear23:27
- Lesson 28 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Finishing Wall Build16:03
- Lesson 29 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt116:53
- Lesson 30 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt211:38
- Lesson 31 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt311:26
- Lesson 32 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt409:41
- Lesson 33 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt524:03
- Lesson 34 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt620:16
- Lesson 35 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt728:30
- Lesson 36 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt809:46
- Lesson 37 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Creating The Door Pt923:59
- Lesson 38 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Final Modeling Lesson13:54
Animation4 lectures • 56min
- Lesson 39 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Animating Pt115:11
- Lesson 40 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Animating Pt215:45
- Lesson 41 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Animating Pt317:39
- Lesson 42 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Animating Pt407:17
UV Mapping3 lectures • 1hr 13min
- Lesson 43 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door UV Mapping Pt133:34
- Lesson 44 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door UV Mapping Pt214:22
- Lesson 45 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door UV Mapping Pt325:15
Materials & Textures19 lectures • 3hr 51min
- Lesson 46 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt118:46
- Lesson 47 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt210:26
- Lesson 48 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt309:08
- Lesson 49 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt409:18
- Lesson 50 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt515:54
- Lesson 51 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt609:59
- Lesson 52 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt712:25
- Lesson 53 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt811:38
- Lesson 54 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt914:54
- Lesson 55 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1010:43
- Lesson 56 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1113:29
- Lesson 57 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1209:33
- Lesson 58 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1309:59
- Lesson 59 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1412:05
- Lesson 60 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1506:51
- Lesson 61 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1609:03
- Lesson 62 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1710:03
- Lesson 63 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1817:32
- Lesson 64 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Materials Pt1919:05
Blender 2.8 Cycles Rendering1 lecture • 11min
- Lesson 65 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Rendering PT1 Cycles Static11:29
Blender 2.8 Eevee Rendering1 lecture • 16min
- Lesson 66 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Rendering PT2 Eevee Animation16:18
Postface lecture1 lecture • 2min
- Lesson 67 Blender 2.8 Creating Sci-Fi Door Postface Final Comments01:32