Mastering Assertiveness: How to be more Assertive in Life
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- This course can benefit all individuals who want to know more about assertiveness as well as improve their own ability to be assertive in life.
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- How to recognize your own style, pattern of behavior and how assertive you are
- How to become a confident communicator
- How to identify and address your mindsets, fears and thoughts which are stopping you from being assertive
- How to express your feelings and wants effectively
- How to say no without damaging the relationships
- How to put forth your disagreement appropriately
- How to use body language to support your assertive verbal message
- How to deal with aggressive people
- How to change your techniques depending on the situation
Assertiveness is a key life skill and has a key role to play not just in terms of how others perceive you but more importantly how you perceive yourself. How you behave in a situation determines how others respond to you and treat you. That response has a bearing on your own self-esteem. Your self-esteem determines how confident you are the next time while interacting with others and how you behave in that particular situation. This is a cause and effect relationship. How you behave in a situation is the key. If you behave assertively, others around you will treat you right and you will feel more confident, leading to you getting what you want.
If you are assertive, you are able to disagree with people when the need arises, you are able to say no without worrying about the relationship and you are able to ask for what you need/want. There is a fine difference between being assertive vis-à-vis being aggressive or passive. Assertive people do not feel stress or anxiety in standing up for themselves and dealing with difficult situations.
Imagine yourself as this confident person who does not feel stressed or anxious while stating what you feel or asking for what you want. It is possible! You can do it too. You can learn to be assertive and with consistent practice, you will see life-changing results.
If you want to develop your assertiveness skill, this is the course for you!
This course is designed to give you a complete 360 degree view around the assertiveness skill and is packed with relevant and practical tools and techniques which you can start implementing right now. In this course, we explore the key concepts of assertiveness, look at the reasons and limiting beliefs around why people find it difficult to be assertive and do a deep-dive on a step-by-step approach on how to improve your assertive quotient. Built on sound fundamentals of human psychology, this course is the most exhaustive toolkit to improve this life-skill.
In this course, you will get to learn:
. Exploring the subconscious fears and beliefs which stop you from speaking up, sharing your feelings and asking for what you want
. Right mindset which helps improving assertiveness
. Reasons why people behave differently – either passively or aggressively
. Time-tested techniques which you can start implementing from today
. Examples and role-plays to help you see how assertiveness plays out in day-to-day interactions
. Assessment to gauge your own level of assertiveness
. How to use the right language and words, structuring your sentences right for being assertive
. Maintaining the right body language in interactions
. Step-by-step approach for being assertive in any situation
. Guidance on where to be assertive and where to let go
. Step-by-step approach on how to say No without damaging the relationship
. How to put forth your disagreement to anyone else in the right way
. Practice modules to test your understanding
. Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques to help you become more assertive
. Day-to-day practices which can help you make assertive behavior a habit
This course also includes tools and templates which would help you gauge your current levels of assertiveness as well as help you stay on track in terms of developing the skill.
Our team of experts has carefully curated the course content which is practical and easy to understand. You will be able start applying the tips and techniques immediately. So go ahead. See you in the course.
- 5 sections • 21 lectures • 2h 4m total length
What is Assertiveness7 lectures • 41min
- Course OverviewPreview02:36
- What is Assertiveness07:00
- Why is Assertiveness Important?06:58
- Key Concepts of Assertiveness04:43
- Understanding Non-Assertive Behavior07:00
- What Stops People From Being Assertive02:55
- Different Kinds of behavior – Passive, Aggressive and Passive-Aggressive10:15
How to Be Assertive4 lectures • 22min
- Skills Required for AssertivenessPreview02:46
- Developing Assertiveness09:09
- How to be Assertive – Techniques for Assertiveness06:45
- Seven steps of Assertiveness03:10
Assertiveness in Communication2 lectures • 12min
- Assertiveness in Verbal Communication04:22
- Role of Non-Verbal Communication in Assertiveness07:40
Assertiveness at Work7 lectures • 48min
- When is Assertiveness Required06:09
- Assertiveness in Action12:00
- How to Say No04:17
- NLP Techniques for Assertiveness08:15
- Practicing Assertiveness08:49
- Tips to Improve your AssertivenessPreview03:18
- Assertiveness Skill Practice04:45
Summary1 lecture • 2min
- Course Summary01:34