Practical WebRTC: A Complete WebRTC Bootcamp for Beginners
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- Anyone interested in making practical applications using WebRTC
- Anyone looking to learn the concepts and protocols that makeup WebRTC
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- A basic understanding of how the Webworks.
- The perseverance to learn a complex technology like WebRTC.
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- What is WebRTC and Why is it Important
- How does WebRTC work
- Build 2 Practical WebRTC Applications ( A Real-time chat app and a Video Chat Application)
- The different protocols used in WebRTC
WebRTC is one of the most revolutionary technologies of the present. It is widely used in popular applications like Discord, Zoom, Google Meet. The use cases of WebRTC go beyond communication as it is also behind gaming consoles like Google Stadia and can be used for untapped use cases like Peer-Peer File sharing.
WebRTC is not just the present, it is also the future as we shift more and more towards cloud infrastructure. The true potential of WebRTC is limited primarily due to the lack of knowledge around the subject. WebRTC is a culmination of the development of Internet technology over the last 20 Years. It uses several protocols that have existed since the year 2000. This makes it a very complex technology to learn. The goal of this course is to smoothen this learning curve while not losing focus on the concepts that make it such a powerful technology.
This is a very practical oriented course. We will be making 2 Real World Applications. A Real-time chat application as well as a Video Chat Application. Not just that, this is a never-ending course! WebRTC is a constantly evolving technology so this course will constantly be updated with new videos as more and more breakthroughs are discovered in the field of WebRTC.
- 4 sections • 38 lectures • 2h 52m total length
Introduction5 lectures • 14min
- Welcome to the world of WebRTCPreview02:44
- Prerequisites for the CoursePreview01:06
- A Never Ending CoursePreview01:27
- Why WebRTC?Preview02:16
- How Does WebRTC Work?Preview06:24
Project 1: Real Time Chat Application10 lectures • 32min
- Setting up the Environment02:34
- Setting up the Project03:34
- Running our Express Server02:23
- Real Time Chat Application Github00:41
- Bringing HTML into the mix02:24
- Design of our Chat Application01:00
- Implementing Websockets06:19
- Finishing off our Chat Application09:15
- Let’s Celebrate, You made it.01:01
Game of Protocols8 lectures • 38min
- Introduction to WebRTC Protocols03:03
- DTLS and SRTP02:47
- Why Do We Need Turn Server (Story Mode)10:49
- Protocols in Action06:28
Project 2: Video Chat Application15 lectures • 1hr 29min
- Setting Up Our Video Chat Application05:48
- Video Chat Application Github00:31
- Getting User Media10:46
- Getting Started with our Signaling Server13:19
- Making a Signaling Server08:19
- Setting up Client Side Events06:12
- RTCPeerConnection and ICE09:48
- On Track Function03:48
- Adding Media Tracks03:12
- Creating an Offer03:23
- Fixing our Mistakes04:08
- Offer and Answer07:46
- Finishing up our Video Chat Application07:24
- Summing Things Up02:46
- Until We Meet Again01:41