Shell Programming/Scripting for Absolute Beginners
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- Software-Developers, who want to learn Bash programming
- DevOps Engineers looking for fundamental scripting knowledge
- Systemadmins looking for automating tasks
- Anyone who wants to learn using Bash
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- Ideally you should utilize Linux (MacOs/Unix may work, yet to get similar outcomes, Linux is suggested)
- No earlier information required
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- Robotize undertakings with shell contents
- Obtain essential shell information
- Figure out how to utilize the most utilized and central shell orders
- Get to know the Terminal
Comprehend Shell scripting/programming
I’ve organized this course such that any client with zero information can track.
Each order and idea will be clarified completely and imagined with slides for better understanding.
This course is a tenderfoots in particular!
The principal segment is everything about showing you the fundamental abilities required to work with the Bash (Shell) and upon this information you will compose your first contents and mechanize assignments.
Before the finish of this course you will robotize basic assignments with contents you’ve composed, specifically you will have the option to:
- Explore through registries like your correct pocket
- Compose basic Shell contents
- Robotize assignments with self composed contents
- Make and use factors
- Use Wildcards to make your own life simpler
- Make contents that require client communication
- Teach yourself by having key primary information
Free Cheat-sheet – Summary of all ideas canvassed in this course
To really sweeten the deal for taking a crack at this course, you’ll get a free cheat-sheet including all ideas and orders appeared in this course, in the event that you need to refresh your memory.
Select now and to figure out how to compose slam shell contents!
- 4 sections • 33 lectures • 3h 21m total length
Course Introduction & Shell Basics2 lectures • 8min
- Course IntroductionPreview00:59
- How does a Shell work?06:45
Basic Shell Commands13 lectures • 1hr 18min
- Getting started with the Terminal05:29
- The who & whoami and echo command07:48
- ls & cat and wc commandPreview05:58
- Making use of the cp & mv and rm commandPreview08:56
- Creating files with the touch command04:59
- Making use of available options03:21
- Printing our current working directory07:18
- Moving through directories with cd10:49
- Creating and deleting Directories06:59
- Assignment 0101:56
- Solution Assignment 0103:01
- Assignment 0202:12
- Solution Assignment 0209:10
Shell scripting & Task automation16 lectures • 1hr 53min
- Section Overview02:56
- Deep dive into ls outputPreview08:10
- Permission handling with chmod08:50
- INFO for the following lessons00:43
- The nano editor08:26
- Pipes & Dataflow 0105:20
- STDERR & /dev/null08:56
- Pipes & tee command09:27
- Info for MAC Users00:27
- Shell scripting Basics 0115:40
- Shell scripting Basics 0205:16
- Shell scripting Basics 0308:14
- Creating a script with a script06:41
- Opening crontab in nano editor00:38
- Schedule automatic tasks with crontab11:48
Final Words2 lectures • 2min