Tableau 2020 Training for Data Science & Business Analytics
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- Beginners interested in learning data analysis and data visualization
- Anyone interested in data analysis
- Anyone who works with data and wants to improve data visualization skills
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Willingness to learn
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- Analyze and visualize data using Tableau 2020
- Install Tableau Desktop 2020
- Connect Tableau to a number of data source types such as Microsoft Excel, comma separated values, google sheets etc
- Learn to navigate through Tableau working environment
- Understand common data types used in Tableau, and terminologies such as measures and dimensions
- Create line charts in Tableau
- Create bar charts in Tableau
- Create area charts in Tableau
- Create treemaps in Tableau
- Create packed bubbles in Tableau
- Create cross-tabs and highlight tables in Tableau
- Create pie charts in Tableau
- Create Maps in Tableau
- Use additional details to pack information in your charts using color, size, and marks etc
- Create combined axis and dual axis charts to convey more information in a single chart
- Format your charts to make your charts stand out
- Add interactive elements such as filters, tool tips, and parameters to create highly interactive charts and dashboards
- Create interactive dashboards
- Create stories
- Create animated charts
- Create calculated fields
- Create table calculations
- Create Level of Detail (LOD) expressions
- Add action elements using quick action filters and action elements to your dashboards
- Prepare datasets using renaming field names, creating aliases, splitting fields etc
- Prepare data tables using union, joins, blends and data modelling
- Export and distribute your workbook to your audience
Learn data visualization using Tableau 2020 using hands on approach. Whether you have no or little skills in tableau, in this course you will learn tableau and develop skills that will help you present information and tell compelling stories using data.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is the powerful, market leading data visualization and business intelligence software using intuitive drag-and-drop approach that help you to visually analyze data and create stunning visualizations.
Tableau’s simple interface makes anybody interact with the visualizations, discover patterns using underlying data and help make quick decisions.
Why should you learn tableau?
Whether you are an analyst or a business intelligence developer or anyone who has to deal with or present data in your day to day work, Tableau will make your life a lot better with its intuitive visual analytics.
If you are not into dealing with data but want to build a career in data science, data visualization and business analytics then Tableau is one of the most important tools you must learn to move forward in your career.
You will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the data visualizations you will create within just a couple of weeks into using Tableau.
Your stakeholders and customers would see remarkable value in the data visualization you would create using Tableau.
Plus, if you have been spending hours and hours building charts using other clunky programs, then switching to tableau can save you literally hundreds of hours.
What students say about this course?
“I was a lot of acquainted with Scene even before beginning this course, notwithstanding that I found the exercises drawing out an additional degree of most helpful detail and Scene highlights. Also I found the lessons appropriately paced which allowed me to try it out in parallel within Tableau. So I’d highly recommend this course to total newbies and familiar beginners alike” – Sendil A B
“I am a beginner and I usually found this course for my Beginners Friends which is extremely very much useful. The author explains the concepts clearly. The pace of the narration is perfect. Excited to deep dive into this course.” – Ram Shankar
What can you expect from this course?
Whether you have little or no knowledge about Tableau 2020, by the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Connect any data and walk through Tableau 2020 with ease
2. Build most commonly used charts such as line chart, bar chart, stacked bar chart, area chart, scatter plot, tree maps, pie charts, maps etc in Tableau from scratch as well as using the in-built templates
3. Create dashboards by combining multiple charts to present a broad picture to your audience
4. Build interactive elements such as filters, action filters, tool tips, highlights etc to allow your audience to interact with the charts and dashboards
5. Animate simple charts to create stunning visual effects
6. Create stories using dashboards and charts to convey a compelling narrative through data visualization
7. Create calculations using calculated fields, table calculations and level of detail expressions in Tableau
8. Apply data clean up techniques such as removing unnecessary variables, filtering rows, splitting data fields, combine and rename classes etc.
9. Combine data from multiple sources using unions, joins, data blending and data modeling techniques.
10. Save, export and distribute your work to your audiences, key stakeholders and customers
Who should take this course?
You should take the course,
- If you have little or no existing knowledge in tableau
- If you have some Tableau skills but you want to get better
- If you want to learn Tableau from scratch and be able to create great data visualization
- If are looking to move forward in your career by building skills in data science, data visualization and business analytics
- If you are someone who works with data day in and day out and look forward to interesting ways to visualize data
- If you are frustrated with the limitations of the clunky programs and the time you spend in building visualizations
My name is Farzan Sajahan. I am a business management and data science consultant.
I have over 15 years of experience in helping organizations make data driven decisions and in rolling out tableau powered business intelligence frameworks.
I currently run an analytics consulting firm focusing on analytics in operations, and marketing management.
I have a degree in electronics and communication engineering from Anna University, India and an MBA from Erasmus University, The Netherlands.
And I am based out of Chennai, India.
- 10 sections • 67 lectures • 6h 5m total length
Introduction to this course3 lectures • 6min
- Welcome! What is tableau? How to get started?Preview03:21
- Install Tableau v2020 in your computerPreview02:31
- Read this: Important note about data set for this course00:27
Business challenge – Analyzing Super Stores dataset9 lectures • 53min
- Business challenge: Analyzing Super Store dataset03:13
- Connecting to Tableau to the Super Store dataset06:26
- Navigating through Tableau04:40
- Data types and terminologies used in Tableau08:08
- Create your first chart in Tableau: Sales trend using line chart07:58
- Create a Bar chart to show sales trend04:22
- Adding colors, changing size, and adding labels to the chartsPreview09:31
- Generate output from Tableau and share your work with your audience07:43
- End of section challenge (1) : Create a profit trend chart00:33
More chart types in Tableau9 lectures • 50min
- Creating area charts in Tableau03:18
- Creating bar charts in Tableau06:55
- Creating treemaps in Tableau06:35
- Creating packed bubble charts in Tableau05:50
- Creating text tables, highlight tables and cross tables in Tableau06:23
- Creating pie charts in TableauPreview04:57
- Creating scatter plots in Tableau07:20
- Creating maps in Tableau07:23
- End of section challenge (2): Create a word cloud00:50
Making your charts stand out10 lectures • 49min
- Formatting charts and adding labels07:13
- Create combined axis charts in Tableau05:09
- Create dual axis charts in Tableau07:49
- Adding tool tips to your charts06:36
- Adding Filters to your charts04:44
- Creating wild card filters04:25
- Creating conditional filters05:11
- Filtering top or bottom items in a chart05:00
- End of section challenge (3) : Create tool tips01:52
- End of section challenge (4) : Create filters01:00
Create your first dashboard6 lectures • 37min
- Let’s learn about the dashboard layout in Tableau05:12
- Adding charts to the dashboard07:34
- Build interactions in the dashboard07:04
- Create action filters from scratch09:02
- Create highlight actions from scratch05:40
- End of section challenge (5) : Create a dashboard02:10
Calculated fields, advanced filters, and parameters6 lectures • 46min
- Introduction to calculated fields and create numerical calculations08:19
- Calculated fields using logical operators11:19
- Let’s learn some of the most common operators in the calculated fields08:05
- Parameters: Using parameters to change filter settings06:38
- More use for parameters: selecting charts using parameters09:12
- End of section challenge (6) : Create a calculated field02:50
Table calculations and Level of Detail expressions6 lectures • 38min
- Introduction to table calculations and creating percentage and cumulative sales05:44
- Let’s learn more about the table calculations09:30
- Building a Pareto chart using table calculations05:03
- Introduction to Level of Detail expressions07:32
- Types of LOD: Fixed, Include, Exclude09:01
- End of section challenge (7) : Create a pareto chart01:17
Create stories in Tableau4 lectures • 23min
- Let’s learn about stories in Tableau05:10
- Build a story from scratch10:33
- Create animated charts in Tableau06:18
- End of section challenge (8) : Create an animated chart00:58
Data clean up and table preparation in Tableau6 lectures • 45min
- Introduction to data and table preparation07:47
- Data clean up and preparation09:35
- Data modeling05:08
Solutions to the end of section exercises8 lectures • 20min
- Solution to the end of section challenge (1) : Create a profit trend chart01:05
- Solution to the end of section challenge (2): Create a word cloud01:17
- Solution to the end of section challenge (3) : Create tool tips02:05
- Solution to the end of section challenge (4) : Create filters01:02
- Solution to the end of section challenge (5) : Create a dashboard05:18
- Solution to the end of section challenge (6) : Create a calculated field03:21
- Solution to the end of section challenge (7) : Create a pareto chart03:20
- Solution to the end of section challenge (8) : Create an animated chart02:14