Windows Command Line (cmd) & Batch Script Management
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- IT Professionals wanting to learn more about the Windows command prompt
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- Access to a computer running Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 (earlier versions will work for most of the commands)
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- How to create, rename, move and delete files and directories.
- The different types of file systems and how to navigate between directories
- Setting the date and time on your PC using the date, time and tzutil commands
- Managing and formatting disk drives using the Diskpart command
- Shutting down, restarting and logging off your machine
- Viewing and applying group policy information using the Gpupdate and Gpresult commands
- Making batch files and Probabily some of the most common commands used within them
- How to access Windows Management Instrumentation database (WMI) information using the WMIC command
One of the many tools that administrators use on a daily basis is the Windows Command Line / Prompt. Over this course, you’ll learn the following skills, which are often used in the real world:
* How to create, rename, move and delete files and directories from you PC / LAPTOP.
* The different types of file systems and how to navigate them between the directories
* Setting the right date and time on your PC / LAPTOP using the date, time and tzutil commands
* Managing and formatting disk drives using the Diskpart command
* Shutting down, logging off and restarting your machine
* Viewing and applying group policy information using the Gpupdate and Gpresult commands
* Creating the batch files and some of the most common commands that were being used within them.
* How to access Windows Management Instrumentation database (WMI) information using the WMIC command
Whilst there are some differences between the versions of Windows, a lot of these commands that haven’t changed from since Windows 2000, meaning that any prior knowledge of this subject, while not essential by any type of means, would be most advantageous.
- 7 sections • 16 lectures • 31m total length
Introduction2 lectures • 3min
- Command Prompt OverviewPreview01:55
Files, File Systems and Directories3 lectures • 4min
- Creating Files and DirectoriesPreview01:31
- Renaming & Moving Files & DirectoriesPreview01:22
- Deleting Files and DirectoriesPreview01:35
Directory Navigation and TREE Commands2 lectures • 4min
- File Systems and Directory NavigationPreview01:56
- Viewing Directory Structures with DIR & TREEPreview02:31
Date, Time and Diskpart Commands3 lectures • 6min
- Setting Date and Time01:45
- Disk Management with Diskpart – Part 102:19
- Disk Management with Diskpart – Part 202:10
Group Policy Commands2 lectures • 4min
- Gpupdate Command01:57
- Gpresult Command02:15
Format, Shutdown and Logoff Commands2 lectures • 4min
- Formatting Disk Drives01:52
- Shutting Down, Restarting and Logging Off02:36
Batch Files and WMIC2 lectures • 4min
- Creating Batch Files02:20
- WMIC Command Overview01:58