Windows Deployment Services (WDS) on Windows Server 2019
WHO CAN ACCESS THIS COURSE :-
- IT Support Technicians looking to advance their knowledge of Windows Server administration
WHAT ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS COURSE ?
- Some previous experience as either a Level 2 or Level 3 IT Technician
WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN FROM THIS COURSE ?
- How to install Windows Deployment Services
- The difference between Active Directory Integrated and Standalone modes
- How to make changes to boot and install images using the DISM command
- How to setup a multicast transmission to save network bandwidth
Over this course, we’ll be covering how to install and configure Windows Deployment Services, otherwise known as WDS. Topics covered on this course are as follows:
- An overview of Windows Deployment Services and how it can benefit your organisation
- The difference between Active Directory Integrated and Standalone configuration modes
- Setting up and installing Windows Deployment Services
- A point by point review of the WDS Console itself
- The DISM command and the various subcommands available within DISM.
- Setting up your WDS server to accept incoming connections from client machines
- How to setup a multicast transmission.
Note that there may be some additional steps required for WDS setup, depending on your network environment, such as making sure that there are no speed limitations or other restrictions that can sometimes be an issue with managed switches commonly found on corporate networks.
- 4 sections • 14 lectures • 30m total length
Introduction2 lectures • 4min
- WDS OverviewPreview02:10
WDS Installation and Console4 lectures • 8min
- AD Integrated vs StandalonePreview02:06
- Installing WDS with Server ManagerPreview02:15
- WDS Service SetupPreview02:09
- WDS Console: Detailed Overview01:57
DISM Command4 lectures • 9min
- Install Images02:12
- Adding Drivers02:12
- Slipstreaming Windows Updates02:16
- Enabling & Disabling Windows Features02:15
Boot Images & Final Configuration4 lectures • 9min
- Boot Images01:57
- Importing Images into WDS02:16
- Setting up PXE Boot and DHCP03:08
- Multicast Transmissions01:56